Tuesday, January 26, 2010

What do you feed yourself? What do you desire?

On Sunday Pastor Mark preached a sermon about feasting on the word of God. There was a part where he focused on a very important truth for us to remember. What we feed ourselves is what we desire. He talked about when we feed ourselves with junk, we will desire junk. And when we feed ourselves with the word of God, we will desire the word of God. In Sunday school class we discussed this further and talked about how important it is to choose wisely what we feed ourselves, so that our desires will be after God, his word, his will, and his way. So my questions are this, "What do you feed yourself and what do you desire?" How do these two relate? You can share your thoughts in a comment or email me at baysideyouthgroup@yahoo.com

-PT

4 comments:

  1. I feed my self with Laziness and the internet,
    :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. i feed myself with friends, and electronics, i am working my way to feeding myself on gods word and i've been gradually getting there

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah i agree with you jessica....i feed myself laziness and internet and watching tv =(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most of the time I feed myself with tv, the computer, and texting. And at sometimes I feed myself on gossip and drama which are pretty much the 2 worst things you could possibly feed myself on, but I'm working on it and stepping away from the drama, the best I can.

    ReplyDelete