Thursday, January 14, 2010

Help

Well I have received some emails from students about different things to post on the blog. This particular one was a student looking for help from any and all of you that are a part of Bayside youth group. It involves a friendship that is hurting and many of us have experienced situations like this. Any advice or suggestions that you have could be helpful to this student. Please take a moment to read this and then make a comment to help this student out. Here is the situation:

I'm having a little trouble with one of my friends from school and I'm not really sure what I should do. I've been friends with this person for about 9-10 years now and for the last two years things haven't been that good between us. We've had times when we haven't talked and times when we are constantly fighting. We've "made up" many times but I just don't feel that we are the same best friends because now whenever I try to talk to them about something that upsets me that they have done, they will bring up all the mistakes that I have made in the past instead of just saying, "You're right, I'm sorry." The problem is I don't know what to do and I'm not really sure if our friendship is worth fixing because I'm always the one making the effort to fix the problems so it seems one-sided.

4 comments:

  1. Okay I don't know who's reading this, but guys I REALLY need some help on this one. So if you could tell me what you would do in this situation that would be really helpfull. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Advice giver (jpaulson)January 22, 2010 at 4:59 PM

    i think that you should tell them what they are doing wrong and what bothers you, because i have had troubles like that and when i told them what they were doing that wasn't treating me that they wanted to be my friend they tried their best to change how they treat me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah a agree with you jaycie or maybe you guys should just talk it out... like each have like 5 minutes to talk and then see what the other one said and then think about it =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha thanks guys helps a lot, but I've tried that stage and it just didn't work. I've tried very hard to make things work, but what's going on a far past just the talking it out stage, but thanks a lot for the input I appriciate it.

    ReplyDelete