Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Never Give Up

Tonight at youth group we talked about never giving up. It was encouraging to see so many students there and I hope you all had a fun time. The topic is certainly one that all students can relate with as all of us at one point or another have given up on something. So here is my question for you: When was a time that you gave up on something and what have you learned from that situation since then and through what we talked about at youth group tonight? You can comment on this post or send me an email at baysideyouthgroup@yahoo.com

Also, don't forget to tally your vote for our weekly poll about your favorite NFL team. I hope you all have a great rest of the week.

-PT

1 comment:

  1. Erica Nicole MittlestadtJanuary 17, 2010 at 5:29 PM

    Hi Bayside,

    I've had lots of times where I've given up. Most of them have been times of 'oh, it's too much effort to study' or 'I'm just too tired to get up and shut off the alarm clock.' But there's one that really stuck in my mind. It was a game day at the UWS Health and Wellness Center and my team and I were up against a REALLY good serving team. They beat us 15 to 0 with nothing but aces. It was horrible. The other team served so hard that I and the other back row players could barely get it up in the air. After they creamed us - my entire team walked off that court with our heads down. The rest of the day our entire game was off and I was so wrapped up with the mistakes I made in that one game, I really couldn't care less. I gave up on trying to learn from that one game or trying to encourage my team - I was too busy nursing my own wounds. I've never really gotten over that and I will always remember that one game.
    I don't really know what I've learned from that day. I've tried to rise above it and work harder to keep my head in the game and my focus on the team. But that experience has never left the back of my mind. Has anyone else been in a situation like this?

    -Erica

    ReplyDelete