Thursday, January 27, 2011

Are you hungry?

Well we had an awesome night last night at youth group. If you weren't there here is what you missed:

-20 crazy 5th and 6th graders at AMP!
-awesome french bread pizzas
-JR HIGH couch pile - 10 on a loveseat!
-a review of the LOST parables - Luke chapter 15
-Megan Tunell (pictured above) was there
-and a fantastic game of floor hockey where the underdog RED team defeated the stacked BLUE team by a score of 5-4 with a game-winning goal from the most unexpected and ultimate secret weapon! (Guess who?) Game MVP turned out to be Noah Schottenbauer who scored a hat trick in a losing effort for the BLUE team!

It indeed was a fun night. Earlier in the day as I was preparing for youth group I was walking around the building and our custodian Craig had some worship music playing in the hallways. It inspired me to sing and worship as I prepared for youth group, but I desired even more - I was hungry to worship yesterday. As I was heading home last night I got into my car and tried finding some worship music on the radio. There was good music, but it wasn't necessarily worship. I was hungry to worship God! I then looked in the glove box of my car only to find some secular CDs that just weren't going to do it. But then underneath all that and even under some other junk there was a blank CD by itself that said 'worship' on it. I don't know where it came from or why it was there, but I popped it into my CD player because I was hungry for worship. The first song I did not recognize and was kind of slow so I decided to search to the next song. When I hit the next button the song started and I realized it was "We are Hungry" by Chris Tomlin. As I drove along Belknap right down the heart of Superior I sang with all of my heart and had my very own worship service with God. I was thankful that God provided me that opportunity and did so with a song that was so relevant to that very moment of my life. I was hungry to worship. The song was "We are Hungry." I sang with all of my heart and it was powerful. I lasted only 5-10 minutes and was over by the time I pulled my car in the garage. But it filled me up and was just so right to spend those moments in worship with God. Have you worshiped God lately? Even on your own? And are you hungry for more of HIM?

Lord, I want more of you
Living Water, rain down on me
Lord, I need more of you
Living Breath of Life, come fill me up

We are hungry
We are hungry
We are hungry for more of you
We are thirsty, oh Jesus
We are thirsty for more of you

We lift our holy hands up
We want to touch you
We lift our voices higher
And higher and higher to you

ARE YOU HUNGRY?

-PT

1 comment:

  1. Ok, that worship story, thats what true worship is,not a fancy choir or a group needed,just you praising god. Thats Awesome Tom!

    ReplyDelete