Monday, March 2, 2015

Why?

Most of us have asked the question, “why,” haven’t we?  I know I have.  I can’t tell you how often I’ve heard people ask several forms of “why,” especially in regards to how God works.

Why did this person get cancer?
Why did I lose my job?
Why would God allow this to happen in my life?
Why did my loved one have to die?
Why was this man born blind?

John 9:1-3
As he passed by, he saw a man blind from birth. And his disciples asked him, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?”Jesus answered, “It was not that this man sinned, or his parents, but that the works of God might be displayed in him.”

The disciples assumed that someone must have sinned in order for this man to be born blind. 

As humans we try to find a reason for everything – and many times we think there has to be something or someone to blame for everything.  That’s what we naturally look for!  But Jesus was different.  Jesus had his eyes on something else.

“…but that the works of God might be displayed…”

Too often we get our eyes focused on the wrong thing.  In times like this we need to “look up!”  Many times when we are busy trying to find a reason, God is busy trying to show us His works.

Take a moment today to stop and ask “why?”  Instead of looking for a reason, “look up” for where God is showing you His works!


-Pastor Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment