Tuesday, April 10, 2012

My first attempt at the half mile...



Well today I went out to accomplish another goal for my 12 goals in 2012. Although, I knew that I wouldn't accomplish my goal today. It was more of the start of accomplishing my goal. This goal is to run 800 meters (approx half a mile) in 2:15. When I was in college I ran the 800 in about 2 minutes. That was over 10 years ago! So my goal is to run it in a reasonable 2:15.

Above is a video of me finishing the 800. It was my trial run to see how much work I have in front of me. I haven't been running all winter and have been out of shape since the fall soccer season. So it is going to take me awhile to get back into shape. As you can see from the pictures below, I ran the 800 today in 2:49. So I have the rest of the year to cut off 34 seconds from my time. I can do it!



Thanks to Erick Tunell who came out with me for my trial run. He cheered me on, timed me, and took the photos and video. The plan is to attempt the run again in about 2 months, after some training, to see how well I can improve and how much of the 34 seconds I can cut off.

We'll see!

-PT

4 comments:

  1. YOU CAN DO IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that will be easy for someone as athletic as you.

    I BELIEVE IN YOU!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now for the marathon...only 25.5 more miles!!

    ReplyDelete