Monday, February 7, 2011

Green Bay Packers - Super Bowl Champions

I must begin by re-stating that I am a Minnesota Vikings fan. I do not like the Green Bay Packers, however, I do not hate the Green Bay Packers. I also have several friends that are Packers fans. And the majority of our students in youth group, our youth leaders, and our church are Packers fans. So this post is in response to the Packers winning the big game. On a side note I also am a fan of the Pittsburgh Steelers (actually longer than I have liked the Vikings - before I ever moved to Minnesota) so I was hoping they would win. But the Packers were the better team and proved they are the champions. So three things I want to explain:

1)The colors of the blog were Packer colors for the month of January because the Packers were the only local team in the playoffs. I kept the colors for February since they made it to the super bowl, and then told some of our youth leaders that the colors after the super bowl would be of the winning team. Hence, the Packers colors will remain for the rest of February.

2)The picture of the Packers logo is here as a promise I made to those same leaders that I would post a picture of the super bowl winning team's logo on the blog for the month of February.

3)The picture above of Charles Woodson is the best picture I could find of a Packers super bowl championship for several reasons. First, because I have always loved Charles Woodson (long before he became a Packer). Second, because he played for my favorite college football team - the Michigan Wolverines. Third, because he is the best defensive player in the league. And fourth, the guy broke his collarbone in the game and reportedly gave an inspiring halftime speech where he cried. The team responded by holding off the Steelers and winning the biggest game of their lives. How cool is that?

So congrats Packer fans. Hope you enjoy it.

-PT

4 comments:

  1. oh im most deffinetly enjoying it

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is me enjoying it.

    except for the colors.
    i can only take so much green....:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i dislike the packers......
    plus the superbowl "party" was fun......it was so crouded...HA NOT
    but it was fun...

    ReplyDelete