Monday, February 22, 2010

Night at the White House

This Saturday marks the return of a classic event from our youth group's past: Night at the White House. A few years ago my wife, Sarah, and I began inviting students over to our house to hang out. At the time the President of the U.S. was George W. Bush. At the time our house was white. So we put the two together (our last name being Bush and our house being white) and began calling this event Night at the White House. It was always a blast having students over to our house. We played games, ate food, watched movies, and just hung out. Well then Sarah and I went and started having kids, which of course threw a big curve ball into the event. It has been kind of crazy getting used to having our own kids to go along with our youth group kids! But now that we have settled down we are bringing back Night at the White House! This Saturday we invite all students in 6th, 7th, and 8th grade over to our house from 7pm until 9pm. If you need directions on how to get there, just email me or ask me on Wednesday. And if you are in 9th-12th grade, don't worry - we will have a Night at the White House for you coming up in April. I look forward to seeing you junior highers at our place on Saturday night!

-PT

1 comment:

  1. tom, my mannnn, i'm definitely a little jealous that all the middle schoolers get to hang out and eat and watch movies and hang out. that. is. not. cool. i hope this wins me a soda.

    ReplyDelete