Thursday, May 28, 2015

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

I hope the title of this post caught your eye.  No, it’s not November.  In fact it’s half a year until our next Thanksgiving holiday.  But today I declare – “Happy Thanksgiving!”

In November we take time to remember what we are thankful for.  Many times when doing so we even talk about how we should be thankful all year long – not just during the thanksgiving holiday. 

Today, as I read through our daily Bible reading, God’s word reminded me of this truth. 

Colossians 2:6-7:
Therefore, as you received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in him, rooted and built up in him and established in the faith, just as you were taught, abounding in thanksgiving.

So often I take for granted what I received in Christ Jesus the Lord.  I take for granted my life in Him, my faith in Him and all the things I should be thankful for because of Him.  Paul encourages us to “abound in thanksgiving.”

Have you abounded in thanksgiving lately?  Or has it been six months since you did so?

What are you thankful for today?


-Pastor Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment